Life is Busier When You Have a Long Commute

As the title implies, I have a lot less time when I have to commute such a long way. Thankfully I've found a couple promising leads in the MKE area, so if all goes well I won't have to drive for much longer. I've only ever worked at universities as a researcher, even in grad school, so I'm nervous about potentially starting something new. Big life changes are not my forte, but it seems they just keep coming so I'd better get used to it! In the meantime, I have "our past few months in pictures" to share with you. Have a lovely week!

I made the cutest crochet item the world can possibly offer.

We finally replaced our couch cushions! The old ones have the nostalgia factor, but the new ones have back support and no holes...so it's definitely a win.

I went back to Madison Symphony Chorus for one more holiday concert, which was a good plan. We're doing some really great music and it's an absolute joy to perform with those folks.

We painted our arches :D  The extra pop of color was not necessary, but definitely livened up our mostly-white house. It matches our new couch cushions too!

We cut down basically all our trees. I advise you all not to do this, because rolling a hundred 100-lb trunk rounds all over the yard is a PITA.

Being now devoid of trees, we picked out a happy little red oak and stuck him in the middle of the front yard. I can't wait to see our shade profile in 20 years!

I went home for a visit -

- and a wedding! John was my date. Good times were had.

We decided we should probably do something about our remarkably damp basement.

After deciding to do something about our basement we baked a bunch of apple crisp with our orchard apples and bemoaned the state of our bank account for the next 15 years.

I've had a pretty uneventful commute for months, so the universe had to get me sometime. I ran over a giant bag of insulation that flew out of someone's truck on the highway and popped this section of bumper out. Luckily Wil could just pop it back in!

Always with the crafts, right? I had a crochet scarf with this yarn that just wasn't long enough. Since yarn goes a bit further in knitting, I frogged and decided to try my first knit scarf. It's coming along swimmingly and I love how it looks in this pattern!

Finally, Wisconsin decided it was not summer anymore and went from days in the 70s to days in the 40s (who needs transitional seasons, anyway?). Some of this yarn may have been a bit of a splurge for me, but covering my exposed parts in handmade garments of wool is so, so worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)