But where did 2017 go?

I really can't believe 2017 is gone already! It felt like just yesterday that we were deciding to move to Milwaukee, I was starting to look for a new job (and it's finally promising in that department), we were going to Germany, all our friends were telling us they were pregnant, and all the other big stuff that happened this year.

This year I've learned what it feels like to take on a surprisingly nasty investment - it feels bad, guys. Essentially getting swindled on a house really sucks and makes you scared for your bank account. I have been patiently waiting for 2018 to roll around because I think (and hope and pray) that we've encountered the worst of it in waterproofing our basement. If you're the praying type, I'd appreciate a word or two on our behalf to the big guy upstairs that things calm down for us this year :)

But let's not get too down - we got to hang out with our families during the holiday season, and that was great. Here are some of my pictures from Christmas at the Santeiu house.

Wil and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2018!

Books we got for Sophie and Nate! Yay Roald Dahl!

Aren't our presents so pretty?

Keri's present was our best work.

Staple of the Wisconsin airport right here

A Lego city at Greenfield Village for Holiday Lights!

Look at that sweet, melty dog.

First day of the new year and we saw sun dogs - pretty neat. I'm taking it as a good sign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)