Little Victories

I would like to begin with an apology; it has been eons (approximately) since I last wrote a blog post. I am entirely to blame, although I like to think being ridiculously busy for a time contributed to my silence.
Since I last wrote, I have hiked on a glacier, mourned for a beautiful life lost, welcomed a new life into our church through Baptism, cross-stitched, and cooked like a real grown-up. As always, the images below may be magnified if you click on them.

 A glacier, on which we hiked
There were a ton of bald eagles hanging around in Alaska, it was amazing!
 More bald eagles, and meatballs that I made from scratch.
Cross-stitch I've been working on...nearly done!

However, as always I constantly miss my husband: his presence, his cuddliness, his stray socks, his remarkable T. Rex impression... In the midst of all the lonely feelings, I have to celebrate the small victories every day. In that respect, today was momentous indeed!


Do you see that picture, dear readers? Do you know what that is? For it is not only just a bed, no; that is a bed with flannel sheets. Flannel sheets I have not used for a year and a half because my husband gets grumpy when I try to use them (something about me radiating like a small sun while asleep, blah blah blah). This, readers, THIS is a small victory worth celebrating! It is time to bask in the warmth and fuzziness of flannel sheets! Rejoice and dance in the streets!

In other victorious news, I killed a centipede today that was two inches long, with a minimum of panic. That was pretty great.

Do you have any small victories you'd like to share?

Comments

  1. Ok...1st... Awesome pictures.... 2nd... T Rex... Really? ... 3rd... Love the flannel sheets... Warmth is good.... 4th... I am a heater too (ask uncle steve)... 5th... Spiders are worse.... 6th... Lyttmab! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)