It's Summertime!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to David and Sonia (Carillo) Powaser, who were joined in holy matrimony last weekend!  We are all are so excited to welcome Sonia into our family and we can't wait to see more of her :)

We travelled in style through the airport!

On that note, in case you didn't hear, Wil surprised me in California for the wedding!  I wasn't supposed to see him until I flew up to Alaska after the wedding, but he dropped in early for some Powaser/Carillo family time.  We had a great time with the whole family!  Hopefully I'll have some more pictures to share in the coming weeks, but here are a few I had.


Who are those two gorgeous people??

I've been in Alaska for 4 days now; in that time I've hiked to a glacier, seen a porcupine chilling in a tree, peed in the woods twice, tried brussels sprouts, released fry (salmon) into the wild with 18 fifth graders, observed the transport of hatchery smolt (salmon) to a new habitat, made some new friends, gotten my code to work, and broken a washer.  It's been an exciting week.  Check out the cool pictures! Some are from my backyard, some are from a car, and some are at the Science Center where Wil works.  I don't know if I could live up here forever, but it's going to be a great summer!  Remember, you can click on all the pictures to make them bigger if you want.

Our plane from Anchorage to Cordova.  Yes, those are propellers.

The view from our back porch (left) and the Science Center (right, panorama)

Releasing the smolt into a netted area, where they will spend a few weeks fixing the location in their minds.  In a year they'll come back here to spawn.


A few views from the delta.  Looks like some mountain wave action up in here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)