Life of a Single Married Commuter

I moved out of my apartment last week right after finals, and am now living at home with my family.  It's great to live with my siblings again...I missed them!  Also, Keri is giving me the clothes she doesn't want anymore, which I am greatly enjoying.

Since I'm living at home but still working for U-M, I've been commuting to Ann Arbor--that's a drive anywhere from 30-60 minutes, depending on traffic, the route, and whether a combine decides to take to the road in front of me.  Unfortunately I've been discovering how idiotic people really are, expressed by their driving abilities.

Today's near death experience was brought to you by Evil Blue Van (Sans License Plate).  EBV was driving next to me, not too far from home.  She decided that she wanted to change lanes.  Now, if she had put on her blinker while she was still offset from me, she wouldn't have had a problem changing lanes.  However, EBV waited until I was right next to her to change lanes, forgetting the fact that the good Lord gifted her with a perfectly functional pair of eyeballs.  As I was located in the spot she intended to occupy, this posed a bit of a problem.  Thankfully my Subaru's brakes and sissy horn work very well, so I didn't die.  Moral of the story: stay cautious friends, because the roads are potholey and full of morons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)