Fun Outdoor Activities

I hope you are all having a great Friday and that your weekend is a time of relaxation!  In Cordova, we're gearing up for Copper River Nouveau, which (I'm gathering) is a large auction and dinner event that raises money for the Prince William Sound Science Center.  I'll be helping with setup and teardown.  For a small town, there are a lot of fun community activities here!

Over the last week or so I've gone out on some fun hikes and other outside activities, and I have lots of pictures! I hope you like them!

We hiked out on the Alaganik Slough, which is a large area of soft, muddy, swampy ground on the Copper River Delta.  The Slough is full of wildflowers, birds, fish, bears, and moose.  There's a beautiful boardwalk and a little trail directly through the Slough, which was a lot of fun to walk through!

That dark blob in the middle, below the dark green trees, is my first moose sighting!

Here's a nice panoramic view of the slough. I went hiking with Zach and Wil.


Top left: Wil deep in the slough mud
Top right: Zach with a big bird feather!
Bottom left: mmmmmm, moose poop
Bottom right: beaver dam in a river crossing our trail

Wil and I also went canoeing on Lake Eyak, the lake where the bunkhouse resides.  It was awesome!

Wil and I in the canoe. We had some small whitecaps, but other than that the ride was smoooooth!

Beautiful panorama from the middle of the lake

Finally, here's a random assortment of other pictures for your viewing pleasure :)

Left: Wil and Olive, being SUPER ADORABLE.
Right: my attempt at frittata in a metal pan.  It turned out better than I expected!

Gorgeous mountain thunderstorm; picture taken from out on the Delta.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)