Pet Aspiration: Dragon

Last week Wil and I flew to Seattle so Wil could take the GRE, a grueling 4+ hour test required by most schools during graduate application.  In the meantime, we visited with Jess and Martin (and their puppy Scout), lovely friends of ours from Iowa.  We had a ton of fun at the Washington Brewer's Festival and also saw How To Train Your Dragon 2! The movie was incredible, and I highly recommend either the first or second movie.  They are family friendly, witty, fast-paced, and filled with adventure and dragon fights.  What's not to love? This post, as you might have gleaned from the title, is about How To Train Your Dragon (I'll use HTTYD from now on).

Pardon the eye color difference, it's a lighting thing (Toothless's eyes are green)

Right now I'm writing up what is effectively my Master's thesis for publication.  It's a long and difficult process--there's a lot of reading and fact-checking involved.  I'm getting through it with my Pandora "Soundtrack" station, made up of composers like Hans Zimmer & John Williams and movies like HTTYD & Chronicles of Narnia.  Of course, when HTTYD comes on, I just have to close my eyes and listen.  It's absolutely magical.  I get all warm and fuzzy inside listening to it, it makes my music-loving heart happy, and it really makes me feel something.  If you've never heard the soundtrack, here's the YouTube link.  Listen to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)