Bikes, pies, and puppies!

I love my family, every single oddball one of them, and now that I'm married I have double the number of people to love! Wil's dad Dave and uncle Leo came to visit this weekend and it was just a blast. Madison supports a fantastic bike infrastructure, and this past weekend they held a bike expo to show off all the neat biking gear from shops all around town.

The ICE Adventure trike, Wil's favorite
Wil, Dave, and Leo spent about an hour just on the recumbent trikes! They were pretty amazing - zippy, nice handling, comfortable, and sleek. If you ever get a chance to rent one (we did that overseas to explore around town) or test drive one, you totally should! Two wheels in back (...delta? I think?) is okay, but two wheels in front (tadpole) make for a smaller wheel base and better handling overall.

I also bought a bike! My bike from home is just a bit too small for me, and I've been wanting a bigger one. I'll be able to ride to church, around town, and maybe even on the commute to work. It's nothing fancy, but it's good on my wrists and it's fast!

My new bike, an Electra Verse 21-speed. And it's pretty!
After our bikescapades, it was Pi Day! For those of you who don't know (although most of you do), Saturday (March 14, 2015, at 9:26 am) had the date and time 3/14/15 9:26:53 am, which corresponds to the first 10 numbers of pi: 3.141592653. This obviously meant that we needed to celebrate, so we brewed some beer with friends and ate chili and cornbread.

Best idea I've ever gotten from the internet: cornbread waffles. 
They were perfect for holding our tasty chili! 
And of course, we baked two pies - shoutout to Leo for making the chili and for pie assistance!

Mixed berry and apple pi pie, with Mom's no-fail pie crust recipe
Then on Sunday, when our guests had left, I drove south to Illinois to meet up with John and Mom because JOHNNY GOT A DOG!! He's named her Juno, and she is just perfect. Wil's lucky we don't have a house yet, because I probably would have come home with the remaining three puppies...but I expressed admirable restraint. I'm so excited for John, and I can't wait until we can get Juno a doggie cousin!

One of the adult Great Pyrenees; the females weigh about 100 lb fully grown. 
One of Juno's brothers staring into my soul and begging to come home with me!!

Comments

  1. You should have brought the dogs home with you... :P too cute for words!!! -- Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction: My favorite was the Catrike Road: http://www.catrike.com/#!road/csky

    But she got all the other details right!

    PS: I made the waffles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)