Tushaus Family Creations

I'm dedicating this post to all the things Wil and I have created over the last few months. To ease the minds of my relatives, "things we have created" does not include a baby. Gotta wait a little longer, guys.

There are three categories of created things: food, crochet, cross-stitch. Here we go!

FOOD

For Halloween, Wil and I dressed up as Bob and Linda Belcher from Bob's Burgers. Kaiser was dressed as a Kaiser Roll, but due to some oversights he ended up looking like a zookeeper recently escaped from Jurassic Park. Oh well.

Don't be fooled: this isn't us.
Nailed it!
The point of this is that Bob always has a burger of the day, and Wil made Demigorgonzola Sliders, which were incredible! Good job Wil. We also made turkey burgers topped with a fried egg and guacamole, and they were also delicious. I am now tempted to top a great many items with a fried egg and guacamole.

Mountain Wil breaking in his apron.
Turns out I do some stuff well (just not dog costumes), and that includes meatballs. Seriously. I make the best meatballs. Pesto meatballs! Parmesan meatballs! Salisbury steak meatballs! This discovery has been amazing.

Meatballs in progress.
CROCHET

I bought yarn to make a cowl, overestimated, and ended up with a matching hat! This yarn is gorgeous. It is soft and super squishy in the cowl because of the way I crocheted it. The hat has the typical pitfall of crochet (holey-er than knit/woven fabric), but this cowl treats wind and cold like the Iron Curtain. I can't wear it unless the temperature is less than 40 F. Go out now, readers, learn to crochet, and make this cowl.

I LOVE THIS.


Matching hat!

CROSS-STITCH

Finally, the cross-stitch. Olivia, if you're reading this, I apologize, because all I have left on your project is a crap ton of filler stitches in all the same color. It is torture, but I'm plodding along. Thank you for your patience.

First up is a project I've made a few times now for weddings. It's really a lovely piece, and I'm not surprised that people keep accepting when I offer to make it as their wedding gift. This one goes to my lovely cousin Clarissa, who got married in April. Apologies for the glare; it's difficult to take a picture of something framed with glass.

A Good Marriage from Lizzie Kate.

There are a few more small projects that I've finished recently for Christmas presents, and I wanted to feature this one because it's just so darn cute. I saw the design on a shirt on the internet, and that same day John IV texted me a picture of it exclaiming about how cool it was! Fate (and an online cross-stitch chart program) intervened, and we ended up with some Auburn-themed chemistry-nerd porcupines. Merry Christmas, Johnny!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)