Function of Beauty

Good day, all! I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that America has just shot itself in the proverbial climate-based foot, so have a blog post about hair.

I have hair. It's quite fine and generally frizzy. Seeing people with more hair in one pigtail than on my entire head is not uncommon. My typical hair routine for a long time was shampoo, conditioner, and an anti-frizz serum, which only kind of worked (that might have been the chlorine, who knows?).

Then, my hair started to disagree with drugstore shampoos - after about two weeks of use I would develop a palm-sized, never-clean spot at the crown of my head that would take a couple days of different product, or baking soda shampoo, to alleviate.

I thought I had hit the jackpot when my stylist turned me onto a set of Pravana products that happened to be sulfate-, gluten-, and paraben-free, as well as vegan. I don't know why most of that is important, but it seemed to be fine for my hair.

One day I saw an ad for Function of Beauty and was intrigued. It's tailored specifically to your hair, has astoundingly large numbers of great reviews, and it doesn't cost any more than the nice Pravana stuff I was using. I thought I'd give it a chance.

O
M
G
It was the best decision. I love this stuff. Immediately my hair was less frizzy, softer, less staticky, and more voluminous, which is really a feat if you know how fine my hair is. It comes in pretty colors and scents; if your nose is sensitive like Wil's or mine, there are options that minimize scent. I don't have to buy anti-frizz serum; I don't have to worry about coloring my hair for fun because there are color protection options; and I clean way less hair out of the drain every morning.


I think the best illustration of how great this stuff is came from our Germany trip. My travel bottles had the old Pravana products in them, and I didn't think it would be too big a deal to use them up on this trip.

I was wrong.

The first day or two, I couldn't figure out why my hair didn't feel clean while I was washing, and my hair was SO MUCH FRIZZIER than normal. At one point, as I was shampooing a second (or even third) time, I realized it's because I was using the same amount of Pravana as I usually use of FoB at home, and it wasn't enough! I use 2-3x less of the FoB product than anything else I've ever used, which immediately justifies the price. The 8oz. bottles I got the first time lasted me 6 months!

So if you need some new product and you're looking for recommendations, BUY THIS. It's amazing. You pick your color and scent, and they put your name on the bottle. I can even get you $5 off because I have a referral link.

If you love your hair products, keep using them and rejoice! But if you're looking for something new, I couldn't recommend Function of Beauty more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)