Crafting...what's new?

In Wisconsin, the frozen north, the land of snow, the state where a winter emergency kit is a requirement in your car (I should get on that)...it's cold. It's actually colder than normal, which helps me feel like not so much of a wimp. But do you know the perfect thing to do when autumn and early winter have been cooler than normal? Finish woolly projects.

So what do we have? I made a hat for John IV and a snug cowl for Mom - these were done in a nice bulky yarn and they absolutely flew off my needles. Knitting in bulky yarn is so satisfying because it's so fast! I actually went through about 4 different patterns trying to find something perfect for the yarn Mom picked out...and I ended up back at my first choice. It turned out really well.


 

In a completely different vein, I spent about a year making the Volga wrap for Keri because I think there was a pattern error, but I'm so happy I persisted. It's absolutely lovely - a stunning gift for a stunning person. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten Dad; it just took a long time to figure out the right item, and it's going to take a while to crochet too.


Lastly, I finally made a little something for me, which I haven't done in a while. This is my dream yarn - really expensive, but happily attainable with the help of a gift card. It turned into the most beautiful, squshy, soft, warm, luxurious hat of all time, which I hope will last until the Good Lord comes for me, and then I'm taking it with. This hat is my first attempt at knit colorwork and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. And then a bonus picture: my favorite yarn shop had a Black Friday sale: 60% off their luxury wool! 60%! And on limited edition yarns! Who turns down that kind of sale?? Not this girl, that's for sure. I'm going to use the gorgeous array of colors you see below to make a giant color-fading shawl of happiness...and maybe not buy any more yarn for a while.

 

I hope you're all staying warm as winter approaches! You should pick up knitting or crochet it really helps ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)