October: it feels like fall

It's been three months; can any of you guess how devoted a diarist I was as a child? (Answer: not very.) Since it is Friday and I'm tired, I'll just give you a series of pictures that describe the past few months. I hope you are all all healthy and surviving isolation! Keep your spirits up because someone (me and probably lots of other people too) loves you. Also, make this soup.

Hello! From me! I'm very proud of my curly hair!

Thanks Dad, Mom, Wil, and The Sow's Ear for this lovely sheepy birthday present!

Perhaps my most exciting outing - a piano concert that ended up candlelit because of an electrical failure. It was wonderful.

Because who doesn't want to see this cutie?

Catching a colorful sunrise one morning.

I thought it would a good experiment to make my own sauerkraut. I have now realized that I don't know what good sauerkraut even tastes like so it's coming home with my at Thanksgiving to be judged by the experts.

This year's first frost, artsy style

Progress picture of Wil's sweater, which is sloooooooowly gaining a big shawl collar.

The UP's Cut River Bridge before leaves started to change. Next time we need to come here deliberately so we can hike more!

Wil at work hauling logs in Gladwin.

Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin house and grounds - they had open grounds days (not typically an option) because of the pandemic!

Cute hat for a cute kid (conveniently using up my cute scraps of yarn)

Nectarine upside-down cake. Um...delicious.

A homemade crunchwrap is where it's at, you guys. Seriously. Brown up a little lunchmeat (or whatever you want warm). Then put your tortilla in the pan, spread a little ranch on it, pile on the lettuce, onion, lunchmeat, and finally cheese, fold the edges of the tortilla over, flip, and let set for a minute or so. Voila.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)