Update and Exciting Announcement!

Dear readers,

There have been lots of exciting things happening lately (7-course Romanian meal, piano concert, apple picking, original cooking)!  I'll include some pictures below.  Unfortunately, I've been busy and then today I got the stomach flu :(  So I've been out of commission for a while.  I hope you enjoy the updates!

So I'll start off with my exercise routine.  I do Zumba twice a week, and on the other days I try to go for walks as much as I can.  Beautiful trails run along Ann Arbor's lakes and rivers, and those trails are wonderful for walking.  I went walking on Saturday morning and it was a spectacular choice!  The river was misty (and I saw the shirtless men's U-M crew team!! Yum. Love you, honey!) and there was a heron and it was GORGEOUS. (Click on the pictures to make them bigger)

Walking paths, herons, and pretty views

Then, on Saturday night, as part of the American Romanian Festival, I attended a dinner at Schoolcraft College followed by an exemplary concert from Daniel Goiti, a Romanian pianist.  The dinner had seven courses (more food than I've ever been presented, ever), one of which was tripe soup.  Do you know what tripe soup is?  Soup made from stomach lining.  I'll be honest, it kind of smelled like...gas.  The broth was tasty, but I couldn't quite get over the smell!  I don't have a picture of that one, sorry.  As for the concert--Mr. Goiti gave a splendid performance, and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (my favorite!) was the first piece!  Mmmmm music.

Four of the seven courses.  Top left: trout with potatoes. Top right: stuffed cabbage and pork chop with polenta.  Bottom left: duck with red cabbage.  Bottom right: cheese frittata. Waaaaay too much food for my little stomach!

I spent much of Sunday making applesauce and dried apple crisps.  I burnt a pan of apple crisps so that didn't quite work out, but the applesauce tastes wonderful! I used a variety of apples so I didn't add any sugar, just cinnamon and nutmeg.  I froze it all so I can bring it with me to Alaska when I visit.  I leave next Friday, and I couldn't be more excited!

Half a bushel of apples, half a dozen donuts, and half a gallon of cider for $20! Pretty good deal.  The bottom left picture is an apple with a little tan line from the branch in front of it!

And now for the EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!  Amanda Thys, part-time single married lady, will be blogging about her view on living alone while her husband attends the Iowa State Trooper Academy.  Hooray!

Comments

  1. BTW... How is your wrist? All better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I've got 50-60 degrees for both flexion and extension, and my strength increases every day. We're currently applying for more therapy visits!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)