2015 Begins

Happy belated Christmas and New Year to you all! Wil and I celebrated our first Christmas with a real tree of our very own! We also got to hang with the fantastic Santeiu/Powaser/Ellis/Cemalovic/Schaefer clan in Michigan. I love the holidays because of the family time!
Left: who wouldn't be happy to see that face?? Right: our super awesome Christmas tree!

Almost immediately after coming home from break I flew out to the 95th annual American Meteorological Society conference in Phoenix, where they broke their high temperature record--well played, meteorologists. The student conference, which I helped plan, went as smoothly as I've ever seen it. I also enjoyed catching up with all the truly fantastic planning committee members! If you're reading my blog and looking to hire a meteorologist when they graduate, hire those people. They won't let you down.

AMS awards ceremony. The Phoenix Convention Center has the coolest ceiling of any convention center I've ever visited.
Phoenix from above, with suburbs continuing right around the local landforms.
Lucky for us, the Arizona Science Center held a few receptions. You could look into a telescope and see cool nature images, and at the same time your eye was projected onto a giant screen (left)! On the right are some of our friends who are most definitely 4 years old or younger (wink wink).

Now that we're back home we've had fun experimenting with food, spending our Christmas money wisely, and hanging out with friends. We can't wait for the Packers to make it to the Superbowl so we can cheer them on from our new home state!

Left: brining pork chops for the first time. Let me tell you: it works.
Right: I went to B&N for one book. One. This is why I can't go to bookstores alone.

Playing "Board Game of Thrones" with Lola Cat (and losing spectacularly) after the Packers game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)