Kitchen Reno, Part 1: The Beginning

The Tushaushold has experienced a lot of excitement recently! Between all of the excitement, Wil is loving his job and traveling all over the country without me (sad for me!), and I've taken up crochet like a madwoman. This is great for my Christmas present stash, but not so much for my partly finished cross-stitch projects...

We'll be happy to introduce a furry new addition to the family after Thanksgiving (!!!), so we installed a fence! Despite the fact that it makes our house look even more pink, it's a pretty great fence. It'll keep Future Dog Tushaus in the yard and give us a bit of backyard privacy.


Of course we celebrated Halloween in style! I was particularly excited this year because we had trick-or-treaters for the first time (and of course all our friends came up to visit). One kid even tried to sneak into the party!
So festive!

I was Boggart Professor Snape, and Wil was a crazy mad scientist!
As the gales of November began to kick in, Mom, Aunt Sue, and Remi came to visit, see the new house, and hit up the shops of Wisconsin. They also helped us pack up the kitchen before our kitchen renovation. Thanks Mom and Aunt Sue!

Look at those cuties!
The kitchen reno is really a lesson in patience. For at least two weeks I'll be eating cold food off disposable kitchenware. Thank goodness for modern markets though! A rotisserie chicken, lots of chopped vegetables, hummus, and sandwich makings are really helping me survive. It's also a lesson in taking things in stride. Our basement seems to be warmer than the first floor, which didn't seem right to me. Turns out, thanks to a picture and Dad's knowledgeable eyes, Wil and I now know that our exterior walls aren't insulated! Our home inspection revealed good insulation in the basement and the attic, but I don't think a typical inspection checks within the walls. It's always something with a house - remember that if you're buying for the first time.

Panoramic picture of the kitchen. I can't wait to post more progress pictures!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)