Wir gehen nach Deutschland!


Guten Tag! Today, Wil, Grandpa John, and I head to Germany! I sing with the Madison Symphony Chorus, and we will be touring Brahms' "Ein Deutsches Requiem" through Germany for the next 9 days. I get to be in Ireland for 5 hours, sing at Bach's grave, party with the locals, tour castles, and eat delightful food...and I can't wait!!


Update: we've arrived in Ireland. I am tired,though I did get a bit of shut-eye on the plane.



Update: despite a late departure, we made it to our bus in Germany with the tour group! Today we drive to Freiburg, take a walking tour, eat dinner, and finally sleep. I'm hoping I know what day it is when I wake up, because I'm definitely not sure now. I have learned that half of Germany's roads don't have speed limits for regular cars, and that the 70ct. fee for public bathrooms means I don't have to be scared of them. I'll be honest, it's wonderful to use a clean public restroom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)