Stuffed Peppers and World Travel

Good morning ladies and gents! I hope your summer is off to a lovely start!

It's been a strange summer so far here in the great cheesy state of Wisconsin. The good is that we've had a lot of visitors lately, and a couple weeks of 60s temperatures. The bad news is that Wil is traveling a lot without me, and the one trip I'm taking is without him...and it's going to be 95 and muggy this weekend. Boooooo.

But you know what? The other week I made stuffed peppers, and in one week I leave for a choral performance tour of Austria, so I really can't complain!!

The villa from below, in its extensive gardens. The property goes almost to Lake Michigan. 

Before I begin, check out this cool place, Villa Terrace - someone decided they wanted to live in an Italian villa, in Milwaukee (they were rich)  so they did! Now it's a museum as well as a place to host events. It's absolutely gorgeous and really well maintained. When we were there, they had an exhibit on some exquisite local ironwork.


So - stuffed peppers. That may sound challenging, but we're not making lasagna here, folks. This is maybe the easiest fancy thing you can make. Find the recipe here.

First, preheat your oven and saute up some onion, garlic, ground turkey, and spices. Simmer all that goodness with some tomato sauce and chicken broth, and mix in cooked rice.


Fill 6 pepper halves with your delicious meat/rice combo, which is delicious all on its own, by the way, and top with cheese.


Bake for 45min in a tray that's got some broth in the bottom, and voila! If you pop one or two of these puppies into a Tupperware, you have a really delicious meal prep situation going on.


And there you have it! So easy! So impressive! You'll finish so quickly you'll need something else to do, so look at Wil and Kaiser being BFFs!

Awwwwwwwwww
One last thing. In a week, I'll be leaving to tour Austria with the Cathedral Choir of St. John the Evangelist. I'm so blessed to have opportunities like this, and I will absolutely be blogging every day, at least to let my family know I'm alive ;) I fly into Munich and move on to Vienna and Salzburg after that. While I'm there my choir will perform at a number of venues and see the truly amazing sights. Most exciting and nerve-wracking is that I'm a soloist!! Wish me the best in healthy vocal folds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)