The Hills Are Alive With Anticipation

Today's the day! Let's travel!!

Since I am a thrifty, low-maintenance kind of gal, I basically refuse to pack a checked bag for any trip less than 10 days, especially now that I have my Kelty, which I happily endorse. I originally thought it a little silly that they have women's versus men's packs, but it makes a huge difference in how the pack sits on my back. The chest and waist straps distribute the weight really well, and I can pack comfortably for a 10-day summer tour of Europe (winter would definitely be a different story).

Kelty bag^              cross-body carry on^
Our rough schedule is as follows:
Days 1/2: fly to Munich, take a bus tour, and collapse into sleep at the end of our long travel day(s)
Day 3: visit Neuschwanstein and bus to Salzburg
Day 4: perform at a Mass at Salzburg Cathedral and take a guided tour of the city
Day 5: visit Silent Night Chapel and take a Sound of Music Tour, then head to Vienna for the opera
Day 6: visit St. Stephen's Cathedral and perform at the Capuchin Church
Day 7: tour Vienna and the Schonbrunn Palace, then perform at Peterskirche
Day 8: trip to Eisenstadt and the Vienna Central Cemetery
Day 9: visit Melk Abbey and take a short Danube River cruise
Day 10: fly home!

Last, but certainly not least, a shoutout to my Grandpa John. He called today to remind me that we took my first overseas trip exactly 18 years ago! The sun sets here before we fly out, but it didn't when I was 9 so I got to see the sun not set that day. I've had the travel bug ever since, though thankfully my palate has improved since childhood :)

Noi mergem! Andiamo! Vamonos! Wir gehen! We go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)