Epic Changes

What's new today? Wil's family (Lynn and Theo) were in town for the long weekend, which was just lovely. Since Christmas for us was in Michigan this year, we held a post-Christmas celebration. It was a ton of fun to do everything late: we got the second-to-last 6.5' pre-lit tree from Home Depot for $25, we went on a family shopping trip to Duluth and Eddie Bauer and hit up some impressive winter sales, and we just had a great time.

Kaiser "helped" with tree decorating.
I made a cute little cross stitch for the MO Tus-house coffee nook!
New Duluth winter coat, 50% off! My Arc'teryx is still going strong, but it's starting to fray in a couple places. I will keep it for when the worst cold hits, but my new one should be able to handle most WI winter days.
What have I finished lately? I pulled this lobster out of deep hibernation, redid the claws, made some legs, was corrected by Wil about the number of legs, and finally finished it. Victory!

"Lobster" pattern by Joyce Overheul. Yarn by Expression Fiber Arts, Resilient Superwash Merino Sock, "Labradorite" colorway.
What am I working on? Still a million different projects, surprise surprise. I have an updated picture of my Talida, the large faded cabled stole. It's beautiful and I am deeply in love with it.


Also coming back into the mix is my Belle Disney Princess cross stitch by Brooke's Books on Etsy. Brooke's Books has a whole series of signature outfits worn by Disney princesses, complete with ribbons or roses or veils or beaded crowns or all of those things. This piece introduced me to beading, and it will be my first experience with fabric-wrapped wire and ribbons in cross stitch as well. I'm stitching on Sunny Dyes Fabrics 28-ct linen, hand dyed to this beautiful deep sky blue.


Finally, what's coming in the future? Epic Systems in Verona (near Madison) made me a great offer, and I took it! Wil and I will be moving to Madison some time this spring, and I start at Epic on March 2. Though we absolutely love Milwaukee and everything about it, and we've already decided to come back once a month to see all our friends, we are excited to return to Madison and see where life takes us. Please send good vibes and prayers for a smooth transition, and have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)