Cooking Like A Grown-Up

Today has been...interesting (and will include pictures!).  It's been one of those fat, lazy days, so I decided I had to at least try to do something productive.  I found a recipe a while ago for a pasta with kale and a roasted red pepper/sundried tomato/walnut pesto sauce.  It sounded super tasty so I thought I'd try it.

I started out making smoothies with all my frozen fruit, yogurt, and juice so I can have them in the mornings.  I love me some smoothie, especially when I have Zumba in the mornings (which I'll have to get to at some point, right?).  Smoothie-making went off without a hitch until it came time to wash out the blender pitcher.  It has this problem becoming detached from the plastic part that holds the glass pitcher onto the base, the problem being that it...doesn't detach.  I rinsed it out with really hot water and used it to make my pesto.  Pesto making went well too, until I figured out I could manage to move the glass pitcher while it was attached to the base.  Success!, I thought, as I twisted away at the normally tenacious blender.  This, dear readers, was a poor choice.

So I decided to change my dinner plans.  Hot dogs and mac&cheese is very comforting when you've just exploded all the pesto sauce of which you were so proud.

On the plus side, I got some pretty flowers to brighten up my dining table! 

On the minus side, I noticed a special someone in my sink. I trimmed all the flower stems and took off some little dead leaves.  When I went to rinse out the sink, this visitor remained.  I guess that's what you get when you pick up Manager's Special flowers from Kroger...

So that creeped me out.  But on the plus side, there are some teensy little birds at our bird feeder!  And that's all for me.  Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)