I'm not very good at titles...

I've not got anything particularly exciting, so this is just a few updates on the Life of Sam.

Zumba
I made it to Zumba this week, both days!  This a big accomplishment because to do so I wake at 5:30am and resist the urge to fall back asleep.  I'm having fun though; I think I'll be able to stick with it through the whole semester without issue.  It's good for me, switching up my schedule, getting me exercising again, really making me work to get results.  Zumba's pretty great :)

Cooking Like a Grown-Up
Remember that sauce I tried to make but ended up spilling because I unscrewed the blender bowl and the sauce all fell out the bottom?  Turns out I saved enough for a few servings.  Kale cooks up pretty quickly and I had some noodles already in the fridge.  Put it all together with that sauce...oh, it was delicious.  In case you want to try it: 12 oz jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil, 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, 0.5-1 cup walnuts, 1 tbsp olive oil, 0.5 tsp salt; stick it in a blender and you're ready to go!

Life around Ann Arbor
On my way home from the bus stop, I walk over a bridge spanning the Huron River.  Down the river by my apartment is a park, so the whole river is lined with trees and is stunning any time of the year.  A few days ago the weather was a bit stormy and I got a great picture.  I just wanted to share with you!


Also, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Dave and Lynn, my wonderful parents-in-law!  Thank you two for getting married and having Wil (and Theo, of course!).  I'm so happy we're all part of each others' lives.

Comments

  1. OK... 2nd try... Have an awesome green soup recipe... Kale is part of it.... Plus carmalized onions, garliuc, spinach, veg broth, mustard, ginger, splash of curry.... Serve with (no offense Wil)..... Goat cheese... And crostini.... Yum! LYTTMAB <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)