Day One: The Send-Off

I've never made a blog before--I couldn't even keep up a journal for more than three days in a row when I was a kid.  But seeing as I just dropped off my husband at the airport for a year-long AmeriCorps stint 3000 miles away and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself now, blogging might just be the thing.  We'll start with an introduction.

My name is Samantha and I'm a graduate student in atmospheric science.  I've always loved math, science, education, and the outdoors, and I hope that by the time I graduate I can figure out the perfect career that lets me combine all of those.  Dogs are my favorite domesticated animals, and wolves and dolphins are my favorite wild animals.  I cross-stitch, read, and watch Dr. Who, Game of Thrones, Modern Family...all the good stuff on Netflix and Hulu.  I got married to my husband Wil after we graduated from college.  We've been together for a year now!  I love him like crazy, and you can read about his adventures in Alaska here.

I'm trying not to think about Wil being gone, but it's not really working.  I think I got all my crying out of the way last night, but I'm probably wrong.  At least I get to see him every couple of months, which is much better than the last time we were separated!  I dropped him off at 8:30 this morning, and he should be landing in Anchorage at 12:30 tonight.  My mom said she wished she'd taken a picture--Wil was decked out in his travelling clothes and rainproof boots, while I was in plaid pajama pants, a tie-dye t-shirt, and a sweater.  Some ladies sitting around the airport looked at me funny a few times :)

That's really all I've got for now...here's a picture of some sassy bats.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. So basically you should start reading trashy romance novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no "like" button, so this is for you: I like your post! And depending on time and how quickly I finish the multiple books and magazines currently in my queue, I might revert back to some good old trashy romance novels. I know where to find reviews for a bunch ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)