An Enjoyable Weekend

This weekend I hung out with people and did social things like a real person!  It was pretty exciting.

On Saturday, my plan was to spend most of the day doing this:


Thankfully I got woken up with a call from Keri, who essentially said, "What are you doing tomorrow night? It doesn't matter. You're going to the Red Wings game with us!!!"  So I did!  It was awesome!  Keri and Darin came to my place on Saturday evening, we cooked dinner and took out the recycling, and I loved hanging out with them.  It was nice to see people after 6pm again :)  Keri even came and sang with me at church on Sunday morning!  Everyone loved her because she is awesome.  And...I guess I still did all that math stuff, but there was a light at the end of the tunnel!


The Wings game was CRAAAAZY!  The Blackhawks were up for a while, but then a few minutes from the end the Wings got a goal to bring the score to 4-3 (Blackhawks).  For the last few minutes they were without a goalie and were so close to another goal, but just couldn't quite make it!  Oh well, we had some awesome seats and it was great to go to a game.  We were in row 2, right on a corner of the rink:


In addition, there was a guy with pretty hilarious hair, and the Detroit skyline was dazzling when we got out of the game.


Even better, I'm going to go apple-picking!  I'm not sure when, but I'm hoping this weekend I can get a few people from school together to pick some delicious apples.  I actually saw online that you can dry out your own apples, even if you don't have a dehydrator.  I'm going to pick some apples, make applesauce, and dry out a bunch of apples for Wil to eat in Alaska!  It is going to fantastic, and I will update you when I do :)

Final thing--I'm making my first all-by-myself crock pot meal tomorrow! Chicken tikka masala.  It is going to be delicious and I will take pictures for you, faithful readers.  Until then, I will leave you with this.  I had no idea this was actually sold in large quantities.  So...now you know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location: Cinque Terre, Italy

October 2023

Location: Rome (Part III)